Tuesday, September 20, 2011

thought of today 06

 I remember growing up when at times we would have to eat liver for dinner and I can tell you it definitely wasn’t my favored.  Green beans, peas just wasn’t for me, and I know that all those things were good for me now; I just had no taste for it then.  It’s the same way, today my kids would rather have fast food then eat what their mother cooks at times ( and she’s a very good cook too, love you babe) but they too seem to stay away from things their body really needs.   When we are sitting at the Lord’s Table we have to eat everything that is set before us.  And we know at times the flesh is going to say Lord I had that yesterday, or I just don’t like the way it taste.  But He knows that everything that is set before you is for your good.  God is not going to fill anybody up with a bunch of junk that’s not going to be good for them.  Everything you receive from Him is nutritious to the soul which feeds off the Spirit of Christ so that you can grow and be strong in Him.  It may not taste that great at first, but the more we eat the stronger we are in Him, and the weaker we become to the ways of the flesh.    Food for thought, I hope you’re hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment