Saturday, September 24, 2011

Are you ready?03

  I was out in the field hitting golf balls yesterday evening, it was still pretty warm outside so I tried my best to hit from the shaded areas.  I would hit about seven balls then walk to where I hit them and then start all over again.  Some were good shots, and there were a few bad, and I did this for almost an hour.  I guess I can say I’m in to golf, and being in to it I have to put the time in to get better at it.  But through all the process of putting the time in, I begin to question the fact that maybe I’m putting to much time and thought into it.  Don’t get me wrong playing golf to me isn’t sinning, I just begin to question if I’m in to Jesus the same way.  Now this is where honesty is key in a matter like this because I think a lot of people are in to things that they spend a lot of time with, be it television, reading novels, playing basketball, video games, etc. and as I said before it’s not a sin to do these things, but everything at its proper time.  I know God is a jealous God and he expects His due attention to be given to Him.  I can’t spend about an hour hitting balls and think He’s happy with 20min. of reading and prayer.  This may just be for me but I know this much is true, God doesn’t play second to anything and if we want him to do great things in our lives we will put everything in its proper time because though it may not have started off as a sin, if not careful it will become just that.  We have to be careful, because if we are not careful we will make a God out of it, and God said though shalt have no other God before me.  I didn’t say this, He did. 
 
                                       Food for thought, I hope you’re hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment