Friday, September 16, 2011
.Thought of The day
Was doing my work today and as I worked I started thinking and said, “Jesus I never tell you I love you enough”. And I felt a little bad because there are many things I love, but the most important person I felt I just wasn’t saying it enough. I tell my wife I love her, I even had a favorite golf club that I loved to hit. I speak that in pass tense because the club broke. Hmmm maybe someone was trying to tell me something. But even though I can tell my wife I love her, she always puts it in perspective for me, and sometimes it drives me crazy but I know it’s the truth. She’ll say,” I know you say you love me, but how do I really know, there has to be some action behind what you say. And so what can I say she’s right, we can say a lot of things with our mouth but it takes our actions to prove it. Jesus said if you love me, keep my commandments. Mere words wont do when confessing our love to Him. Jesus I love you, but I told a lie, or I stole, or I used corrupt communications out my mouth. I love you but I continue to let this flesh of mine put me in bad situations that cause me to shame your holy name. So I guess Jesus is not really concerned about how many times we say we love Him, but more concerned about our actions behind this love that we confess to Him. If you really love Him, keep His commandments. Food for thought, I hope you’re hungry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment