Sunday, September 18, 2011
Food for thought
Imagine if I go to the kitchen, grab the tallest glass, put some ice in it, and get out my favorite beverage, and proceed to fill the glass just to let it sit. The glass sits and sits while the ice continues to melt and melt. I don’t drink from the glass until the ice is totally gone, and when it is, I take a big ole gulp with the intent that it will be very satisfying, but its not. We know the science of what happened; the ice melted and watered down the flavor. So instead of that refreshing taste you got a bland drink that doesn’t serve any purpose at all. Why did it have to be that way you asked, just should have drunk it when you poured the glass the first time. It’s very sad to think that the Christian world is the opposite of this very act. The teachings of Christ has been watered down so much that there is no clear distinction of right and wrong, do’s and don’ts. The convictions from our actions are no more, merely washed down by the watered down version of what is. It’s enough to know Christ, but not necessary to walk as Christ. Okay what glass are we drinking from? Can I take the suffering of Christ and water that down? Instead of a crown of thorns they used weeds, and there were no spikes just 3 inch penny nails. If I can’t water down the sacrifice that freed me from sin, how can I water down his doctrine just to suite my flesh? I’m sorry but Christ didn’t give his life for the stuff that’s being accepted today. Read the Bible, find out just what He said, and requires. Watered down is not the same as just pour and drink. Food for thought I hope you’re hungry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment