Thursday, September 15, 2011
Constant Battle
There is always that constant battle that rages on within, and it’s either to live according to the ways of Christ, or fulfill the will of the flesh. The winner is always the strongest, and that will be the one you follow. How so, one may ask I live my life for Christ. The Bible says the spirit and flesh is contrary, one against the other. If we are in tuned to God then His spirit will show us and teach us his ways. But if we’re not putting to death the things of the flesh then if not careful we will act according to it. That is why we have to keep it under subjection or else it will constantly war with the spirit of God. Now God is all powerful and there are no limitations in Him and He can keep you in any kind of test. But if we are not doing our part, won’t we hinder the spirit from working affectively in our lives? Why do we find ourselves doing things that are not of God? Why did I just lie, why did I just steal, why am I coveting something that my neighbor has? God I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to commit that act, and now I have sinned against you. These are saying that He has heard time and time again yet the solution is always the same. The more we allow the flesh to have its way in our lives we will always act according to it because we are allowing it to become stronger then the spirit of God. It’s always great to ask for forgiveness for any act against God, but we also must learn that if we continue in this pattern we will eventually fall. We have to fast more, pray more, and stay away from things that will entertain the flesh to work against God. The battle will continue until you leave this earth, but the flesh doesn’t have to win, if we do our part and let the spirit lead you in all truth. Food for thought, I hope you’re hungry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment