Saturday, September 17, 2011

Food for thought

I had a dream the other day about some kind of invasion, it’s a bit vague but the importance of it is hard to forget.  I do remember I was afraid and I went looking for my father. It was dark when I found him in the neighbor’s house, and I remember him very calmly sitting in a chair. I told him we had the go and he got up and we went out the door.  As we walked across the yard I spotted a man who then turned around and started towards us.  In a panic I screamed daddy use your powers and it was as if it was out of the movies, electric bolts shot out from his hands and the man felled down. Then my dad looked at me and said, you need some power, you need the Holy Ghost, and continued walking.  I awoke from my dream with my heart racing but I got what God was trying to say.  Without power we are always under constant attack from the devil.  It’s relentless at times because he wants to wear you down and keep you on the run.  We run to God, we run to our Pastors, and indeed they are there to help you, but Jesus said I must go that the Comforter will come and teach you all things.  He told his disciples to tarry in Jerusalem until they receive power from on high.  He knew that they couldn’t take the fact that they hung around Him, and witnessed the miracles and teachings and then have them go out and preach the gospel based on that, nah they needed power to stand against wickedness in high places.  Remember they all ran that night when the soldiers came to take Jesus away.  Not that Jesus was upset, He already knew His fate, but He knew He would be going back and his disciples needed something more.  As I’ve come to find, this walk is never easy, there seems to be trouble all around.  You’re happy to escape one situation just to find yourself in another.  Many today are falling beneath the load because they lack the power, or they have compromised their walk with Christ so drastically, that the devil all together has left them alone.  People we need that power, the Holy Ghost with fire, it’s hard for those who have it, imagine how hard for those without it.   Food for thought, I hope you’re hungry.


PS. A CAR CAN’T RUN WITHOUT GASOLINE, NEITHER A CHRISTIAN WITH OUT POWER. SURE YOU HAVE GAS WHEN IT COMES OFF THE LOT, BUT IT’S UP TO YOU TO TAKE CARE OF IT WHEN THAT GAS RUNS OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment