Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Food for thought 07

I was lying comfortably in my bed this morning and I glanced to see the time.  I had one more minute to go and was thinking of a way to stretch it because I really didn’t want to get up.  Maybe five more minutes I thought, what’s the harm in that, I’d still have time to get ready and get to work.  Needless to say I made it to work on time, but I sent one son to school without a belt because there was no time to look for it.  I told myself I wont rush or yell to get the boys motivated, lest just say I accomplished one out of two.  I tell myself now, none of this had to be, give yourself time to do all the things that need to be done, without having to rush, and get upset.   There are many situations in life that we find ourselves lying comfortably in.   Be it in the ways of sin, or relaxed in the ways of God, and by that I mean taking His ways lightly.  And something is always telling us, get up from that situation but regardless how bad it is, the flesh doesn’t want to budge, yet common sense is saying I know I should but I’m just so comfortable.  As for the Christian something is saying learn of me, seek my face, call upon me while I’m near.  But the book is too good, I can’t put it down, I can’t pull away from the television, my favorite show is on. Don’t worry my toes are hurting, but I’m thankful God allowed me to see these things so that I can fix the things that hinder the spirit of God, not just in my life but also the lives of others.  Get up, and get on fire for Jesus, and don’t settle for just a spark.  Lets not make this easy on Satan, and at the same time leave a bad taste in God’s mouth.(luke warm)  Ask God to help you in your situations, regardless of what they may be or the size of the matter, there is nothing to hard for Him.  As the song says Get up, get up and follow Jesus, He’s the only one to save you.  Food for thought, I hope you’re hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment