Friday, October 7, 2011
Are you hungry? 14
I’m finding that each and every day that the Lord blessed me to see, the first thing that I need to do is die. When the wheels on my car enter into the parking lot, either I need to already be died, or I need to go ahead and die again. When I’m going through my routine at work and I feel myself coming to life in certain situations, I need to quickly die, before something tragic happens. And when I finally end my shift and head home for the day and my children are running around making noises, and already my day at work, or school was hard. I need to remind myself to just die, and not do something I’d regret. In this walk of ours we will constantly have to put this flesh to death, so that we can allow the spirit of Christ to work its perfect work in us so that we are not fulfilling the will of the flesh, but always doing the will of the Spirit. The Bible says to mortify(put to death) the deeds of the flesh so that you don’t fulfill the lust thereof. If someone rubs you the wrong way, be it at work or home, the last thing you want to do is handle it in the flesh, but if the flesh is died, then the spirit of Christ will have full access so that the situation is handled properly. Temptation is everywhere and handling that in the flesh guarantees instant defeat, but again if we are living to the ways of the spirit of God and not the flesh, in Him we are assured absolute victory. No good thing can dwell in the flesh, so let us live by the righteous ways of the Spirit of Christ so that through this same flesh we live in, His light will shine in us and men will see the works of it, and glorify the Father which is in heaven. Food for thought, I hope you’re hungry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment