Monday, October 10, 2011
Are you hungry? 17
We find out a lot about ourselves when we find ourselves down in the valley. Sure when we are on the top of the mountain, everything seems fine, we are in a good place, and we have a wonderful relationship with God. But these barren lands are full of valleys, and in these valleys we find a side of us that we didn’t even know was there. We experience pain, frustration, even anger about sometimes the littlest things. Others may feel lonely, and depressed while the flesh feels rejuvenated and alive, flooding this vessel with doubts about the very one who has brought us this far, or even cause us to bring shame to His name. Yesterday I found myself arguing over a senseless matter that shouldn’t have taken place at all. And as that flood of emotions swept through, I said and felt things that should have never been. Pride grabbed me and held me tight; to the point that saying I’m sorry was a sign of weakness, and my flesh was having none of that. Still in the quietness of getting away, I found myself with a choice, either I could repent of my ways, or stay in this valley where I now found myself. With time I’m thankful I came out that valley, ever learning that there are things in us that we may not know is there, and maybe the valley is a furnace that bring these things out and leave us with the choice to either burn it away, or weld it upon ourselves, making it even harder the next time to remove it. God is very merciful, and He see can things we cannot see, and it’s painful to see and feel those things that He exposes for our good so that we can correct them. My desire is the top of the mountain, and removing the things that are keeping me from that will make it more a reality. Food for thought, I hope you’re hungry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment