Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Are you hungry? 19

 I understand that in this society there is a notion that you have to be competitive if you want to make it.   Second place is good, but it won’t cut it.  And there are some people that live and die by this notion, because they must be the best in what the do.  It just doesn’t have to in your work place; it can also be your neighborhood.  Your neighbor goes and gets a new car, so someone else has to get one too.  You heard Bob just got a 50” flat screen, Phil goes out and get 65”.  It just seems everyone wants to outdo the other but what it comes downs to be is vanity and vexation of spirit.  But I want to share something with you that if there is any case that out doing someone else is right, the one case where you can actually benefit from this notion of surpassing another, and could be the difference in getting into heaven, or being kept out of heaven.  Where coming in second to this can never be a good thing but very hurtful indeed, and Jesus himself made it so perfectly clear in thus stating, “For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.”  Religious simply will not cut it, sanctified and set aside in Jesus will.   Food for thought, I hope you’re hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment