I have to admit, I’m not much of a cook, but I’m thankful my wife is because the boys and I would be in trouble. But if I had too, key word here is had, I would have to follow the recipe to the tee, and that’s for anybody trying to make a new dish.
You first have to make sure that you have all the ingredients, because if something is missing it’s not going to turn out the way it supposes to. Now if you have followed everything that the recipe has called for, you will have the dish you desired, but then again sometimes it takes a couple of times to truly get the hang of it, and that my friends is how God works. There is a recipe in following Him, and we have to make sure that we stick to the recipe at all times. The Bible is the directions that we must follow in order to get the results we want, whatever they may be. I can’t add anything on my own and expect the out come to be the same. If I need deliverance, it’s in the book, if I need healing it’s in the book. I need to love my enemies, there a recipe for that, or I need my faith to increase, there is a recipe for that. My marriage is in trouble Lord, it’s in the Book, there’s a recipe for that, and Lord I need to be saved, truly there’s a recipe for that. If we follow the instructions to the letter, we will have success in the things we ask of God. Food for Thought, I hope you’re hungry.
Ps. There is also a recipe on how to be perfect in Christ, it’s there you just have to read it and apply it, and let Him do His work in you completely, and if let Jesus drive 100% all the time, perfection just wont be a word, but a reality in your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment